Wednesday, April 21, 2010

feel good inc.

This morning I was getting ready to leave for the gym, downing some Cream of Wheat (the cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast) when Sarah called me back to the bedroom and pretty much dictated the tone of how this blog update would be, and as her husband it would be within my best interest to listen to her. She's the boss after all.

She wanted to use this update as a means of thanks to everyone who has donated to our Ride for Roswell team. So far, Beanz Brigade has raised $1,325 towards cancer research. That's huge. So, to all those who have donated so far, thank you. I never visioned raising that much money so quickly as a team, it's been overwhelming to say the least. We'd also like to thank all the folks who have signed up to ride with the team, we're 11 members strong (and hopefully that number will DOUBLE come June 26th).

You all have no idea how much this means to Sarah. To see so much support attached to something with her name...it really lifts her spirits. This morning, she looked at me and said: "You're doing a great job...the whole team is." We can't stress enough how impressed we are with the turnout so far, it's been amazing.

Supporting cancer research has always been an important cause for both Sarah and myself. Sarah's father, lost his battle with cancer in 1998. My grandfather battled cancer for years. Many of us have had our lives impacted by cancer. And I think that's why the support has been so huge for our team. Not only is Sarah a gentle, sweet girl who everybody loves...but cancer is a dreadful disease that has affected the lives of so many people. The statistics are staggering:
one out of two men and one in three women in America will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime.

This is the part where I get in a shameless plug to get donations:

http://giving.roswellpark.org/beanzbrigade

Follow that link, click the flashing: DONATE TO MY RIDE button. It's simple and it's for a great cause.

This is my third year doing the Ride for Roswell. I love it. I love riding my bike. I love being part of something that goes to a greater good, but to be completely honest with you...how great would it be to live in a world without cancer? That's a question I pose to myself daily.

To all the donors, riders and supporters of the BEANZ BRIGADE...

BE RELENTLESS.





1 comment:

  1. Cancer can get fucked. Congratulations on raising so much money! I'm proud of you guys :)

    ReplyDelete