Monday, January 25, 2010

The fight begins.

My name is Bryan and this blog is about my wife, Sarah and her battle with breast cancer.

This blog is to document the struggle that's to come. One that will not be easy, but it's one that we will win. Why? Because, Sarah is a survivor. She' s a strong, no nonsense woman, who doesn't take shit from anybody, let alone some disease. She's tough. A lot tougher than she let's on. She never gives up. Never quits.

This blog is about inspiring others. Supporting those who fight the good fight.

But most of all, this blog is about an amazing woman and a battle that she is about to face.

Sarah was diagnosed one week ago on January 18th. Nothing and I mean nothing prepares you to hear the love of your life say the words: "I have cancer." Nothing. It was like a punch to the throat. Dread set in. She was mad as hell. I was mad as hell. She's 29-years-old. There's no way she should have to go through this. There's no way anyone should have to go through this.

We've had time to digest the news since then. She's set up surgery (February 6th) and made the proper doctors visits.

If there's one thing I've learned about Sarah in the 11 years we've been together is that she's a fighter.

Her motto: "Be relentless." So I felt it was only fitting to name the blog so.

- Bryan

2 comments:

  1. On February 6th, I will be praying for Sarah and sending her the strongest of healthiest thoughts. BE RELENTLESS!

    ReplyDelete