Monday, March 8, 2010

...and so it begins...

Sarah begins chemotherapy tomorrow. It's something that no one "looks forward to" with a traditional sense of anticipation, yet it's something that needs to be done. It needs to be done so that she can rid her body of this dreadful disease. It won't be pleasant. I've said it before and I'll say it again: it's going to suck like nothing has ever sucked before.

Yesterday was a tough day for me. We went over the informational packets about all the treatments she'd be receiving and I just broke down a bit. I feel like a selfish jackass for crying the way I did. I'm not supposed to show weakness. For one, I'm a man -- weakness isn't supposed to be in our DNA code -- that's just the way it is and the way it has been since the dawn of time. But also, I'm supposed to be "her rock." I can't do that if I'm a crying mess. That's not fair to her. It's something I need to work on. I need to be strong for her.

Tomorrow is going to be tough. It's just the start of things, but the quicker we get this started, the faster it will be over. This is what "be relentless" is all about. She's going to rock this.



1 comment: