Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Great news everybody

It's been a crazy few weeks since my last true update. Sarah has been back and forth to doctor's appointments in preparation for her treatments. She had a MUGA scan which showed her heart as at peak perfection, but I could have told you that. The kid has a heart of gold.

I promised good news and I'll get right down to it.

Sarah had a bone and a CT (CAT) scans. All came back negative for cancer cells. This is a beautiful dose of news, man. It's what we needed and it couldn't have come at a better time as the road ahead is going to be tough. It's going to suck like nothing else has ever sucked before, but when it's all said and done, Sarah is going to come out on top. I guarantee that. She's going to get her treatment, she's going to fight like hell and beat this. Mark my words.

Next week begins the chemotherapy...six months of it. Sarah is ready. I'm ready. She has an amazing group of people around her. We'll get through this and like she said, we'll go on to live a more amazing life after it.

Each day I wake up, I think of ways I can do something to make her proud. That's my goal with our Ride for Roswell team; Beanz Brigade. I want it to be awesome. I'm doing that team for her. This blog, this is for her. I want her to know how much she means to me. Sure I can tell her, but I want to show her. I want to show everyone. She's remarkable and beautiful and I'm a lucky guy to have her. It might be corny of me to say this, but so be it: She is my inspiration.

BE RELENTLESS.

1 comment: